Sunday, October 28, 2007

finally i am am home...but i can't sleep.

i just got home today from touring with mat kearney this past couple months and i am so glad to be home...but i can't sleep. i have been so excited to sleep in my own bed and then when i do i am restless. that is is the weird thing about touring, when you are on the bus you wish you were in your own bed and when you are home you wish you in your bunk on the bus, it is so weird. the last couple months playing with mat were really fun and a girl named meiko opened up for us on the tour and she was great, good music+good friends = great tour. now i am going to go back to bed and contimplate the meaning of life...or atleast worry about it, insomnia is fun. goodnight.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

you of all people should know... a little red wine goes a long way! ;)

glad to hear you had a good time... and that a little 'home time' is in order!

blessings, bro...

Arnold Austin Jr said...

I just got back from a little Peruvian mountain village which I think may be about as bad as a bus bunk. I promise you..last night in my own bed...doesn't even compare!!!

Glad you can be home with them family (and I'm glad I'm back home too).

Melanie said...

Glad you get to spend time at home. Hopefully you'll have at least a few days to settle in. I guess we are sometimes creatures of habit when it comes to sleeping.
Sometimes insomnia is the result of unresolved conflict, but it sounds like it could just be a little of the excitement of being back home in this case. I imagine the same happens when you are starting a new tour. At least I'm sure that is what would happen with me. I tend not to sleep well away from home, though.

Anyway, enough rambling. LOL Enjoy your time home.

God's blessings,
--Melanie

Unknown said...

insomnia can be a terrible time to think about things...

i had a question, is there any way to get a recorded version of too far gone? i really love that song