Thursday, July 5, 2007

just a leaf in the wind


right now i am am in a weird spot in my life, i am just going to lay this out there. this summer has been great in so many ways and in other ways it has been the twilight zone. i have had so much fun spending quality time with my family but i am also in such a weird place because i have no idea what i am doing right now and that is a little scary. i never thought it would be so freeing to not not what is going on, you know what i mean? all i am trying to say is that it is a good thing to realize and remember that you are not in control and worrying will not help you any. the quicker we realize this the better of we will be in the long run! i guess this is an upbeat thought dressed in drab colors, backhanded optimism has always been one of my specialties. ha.
for all you people out there just blowing in the wind like a leaf, all i have to say is enjoy it while it lasts. we might be blowing out of control in the wind and that can be a little scary but you have to admit that the view is incredible from way up here.

t.

4 comments:

Riley said...

i know what you mean. i have to figure out what im going to do with my life too. and that little part at the very end is really true

Unknown said...

the view might be incredible, but i'm afraid of heights

Lindsay said...

all I can say is... I hear ya. I'm living the song "One White Tulip" right about now...

Melanie said...

I can relate to that feeling, most definitely. I still don't know what I am supposed to be when I grow up. I hope it will be more Christ-like, but it may take a miracle. LOL

Reading Matthew 6:33-34 often works wonders -- and I need constant reminders.