Tuesday, June 5, 2007

summer is nice


hello everyone. i just have to say that summer is so nice...maybe it is because the winter is so long that we minnesotans we really need to soak up as much of the summer as we can. i really think our harsh winters are a small price to pay for our mild summers. the older i get the more i have come to enjoy all the seasons, yes even the winter...i know some people out there think that i may have finally gotten frost bite on the brain for liking the winter. i think i must suffer from some sort of wobegon guilt because i need to have a bitter winter to feel like i deserve a mild summer. i think it is time to brew a nice pot of coffee and sit on the front steps and soak in the beauty. i suggest you do the same.

6 comments:

Arnold Austin Jr said...

Not on the front steps, but sippin the Joe.

I know how much you hated my home town of Baton Rouge, LA.

Nice combo of heat and humidity down there (or up there from my home in Peru)

Karissa said...

Summer is beautiful. Don't like the bugs that come with it, though... :P

chillininpeace said...

I love the summer but in syracuse we don't get that much of it. I just saw you yesterday with Mat Kearney at Baloon Fest in the 90 degree heat. You and Mat were really good. My friends and I came around 3:45 for the concert and this woman had said that we has just missed the sound check.

Well I hope you guys made it out of the thunder storm okay. Hope to see you guys again soon!

Jeff said...

i agree, enjoy the warmth while you can!

Lindsay said...

sometimes MN still amazes me with it's 50-degree-in-one-day temperature swings!

and I can't believe it's in the mid-90s already...

hope you're out enjoying it... with a Dark Knight on BJ's deck! ;)

Unknown said...

i like summer nights when the breeze is gently blowing. i like to sleep with my window open when its not too hot. i guess like early may.