Saturday, May 19, 2007

thankful?


today i flew from home from baltimore, and i was on a plane with a bunch of soldiers that were coming home from the war in iraq. they were not that much older or younger than me and you could tell that they were on the last leg of a very long journey home. when we landed i got out of the plane and waited to see their reactions and the reactions of there family members when they saw each other. it hit me so hard that i walked all the way back to the baggage claim with heavy tears in my my eyes! i have to remember that when i am at home in my warm bed and my kids are sleeping safe and sound, somebody else's father, son, daughter, or mother is somewhere defending my freedom! it doesn't matter what your opinion about this war is, you have to agree that all wars are horrible and proof of how messed up and evil that mankind can be. i know it is really early in my blogging career to be doing the "patriotic" blog but i just had to get this out somewhere. this is not supposed to be political, i just want to remind even if it is just myself to be thankful for all the sacrifices that so many young and old have made for me to raise my family in peace. i am very thankful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tyler, this blog meant a LOT to me... my dad's going over to Iraq in January for the second time, and it puts you down to see everyone writing about "how stupid" everything is when you have someone close to your heart over there risking their life for the US.

-Courtney


p.s. I'm thankful that there are talented musicians that will share God's word. Thank you!!!

Lindsay said...

you're SO right... you don't have to 'approve' of this war in order to support our troops! I remember flying through ATL... I was sitting at my gate and I noticed a couple dozen servicemen walking down the hallway... as they passed by each gate area, the seated passengers at that gate arose and clapped as they walked by... it was *quite* the moving sight.

TLC said...

Well put, Tyler. It's far too easy to forget.

Jeff said...

nice Ty...nice....